The Storer Family Bell

The Storer Family Bell
Our bell

Sunday, December 22, 2019

#49 Craft. Family Quilts

49 Craft


Quilts have been created by my family over the years.  I cherish and admire each piece of work.  But I don’t quilt!

My 3rd great grandmother, Lois Jasper Lloyd, created this quilt.  We think she created it for their 50th wedding anniversary in 1908. She used ribbons they received at Pioneer Association meetings for traveling the Oregon Trail and observing that my 3rd great grandfather was an Indian war veteran.


Crazy Quilt with ribbons





I think Lois created this quilt.  It was just a top and I think Mom had it quilted.









My mother, Helen Lloyd Shaffner,  created quilts.  The cathedral window quilt is my favorite.  I remember her working on it for years, all hand sewn. She sewed many of our clothes as we grew up.  Even remodeling clothes.  



Cathedral Window Quilt







My sister, Gail, also quilts.  I am the lucky recipient of her work.  From quilts, table runners to pillows.



Quilt




A small quilt with family pictures



Quilted table runner



Pillows with family pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment