The Storer Family Bell

The Storer Family Bell
Our bell

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

#1-2020. Fresh Start 52 Ancestors in a Year!


#1 for 2020.  A Fresh Start
52 Ancestors in a Year


I am back!  With a Fresh Start for the New Year!


I have anxiously awaited the topics for 2020 and have them in hand.  I have been making notes of ideas!  I almost have my list ready.  




As I look towards I fresh start, I consider the family lines that I want to focus on for 2020.  I am good at jumping from one line to another, but hope to change my ways!  A New Year’s resolution???  (probably like all the rest and broken within a month!)

Since 2020 is the 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower, I am going to found out if Leroy’s ancestor did come on the Mayflower.  And research hints that I had an ancestor on the Mayflower—the same person!  Wouldn’t that be fun to discover!  


Watch for the Mayflower float in the Tournament of Roses Parade.  Celebrating the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower!  How cool is that!  A Voyage of Hope!  

Didn't all of our ancestors have a Voyage of Hope at sometime in their life?  I know many of mine did.  


So, off I go on a hunt!  

2 comments:

  1. Good luck figuring out if your Mayflower line is real! In 2019 I disproved the one I thought I had. And then saw lots of people claiming a Mayflower line on Ancestry for my family - that one only took 30 minutes to disprove. Somehow I don't believe the supposed ancestor was born in Massachusetts in 1595, married in England in 1617, immigrated as a child with her father on the Mayflower in 1620, magicly somehow got back to England, to immigrate with her husband and their children in 1630.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that Amy Johnson Crow has already published the themes for each week. It certainly makes it easier to plan and research people.

    I have many relatives in USA through DNA matches but don't know if their ancestors would have come on the Mayflower or not.

    ReplyDelete