The Storer Family Bell

The Storer Family Bell
Our bell

Monday, August 24, 2015

Recollections from John Shaffner:  
Maude Brown was not with our party, but we met in the park.  As I recall, Maude and two brothers had come from down south...North or South Carolina...and later took up a homestead in the vicinity of Armstead and some of their family still lives there.



August 24th, 1913  Sunday

Up early and started on our journey returning to West Yellowstone by way of Mt. Washburn.  A beautiful view.  Made the trip to the lookout on top of Mt. Washburn.  Very hard on the saddle horses.    Babe (Lester) saw bear tracks.  It was difficult and hard road.  Saw lots of snow banks along the road.  The drive along Tower Falls we found to be wonderful.  We went into camp about one and one half miles below Tower Falls.  Stayed there over night.  Jack and George went fishing.  Sandy and Oliver took a bath at the public bath house.  Jim and Mabel went to pick some berries.  I made a new necktie out of a handkerchief and mended my gloves.  I forgot it was Sunday when I did my sewing.  Bed early.

The picture is labeled Mt. Washburn


The picture is labeled exploring


Yellowstone, maybe Mt. Washburn

1 comment:

  1. I love this story!!! As my Dad would say, "We come from great stock!"
    Thank you, Sydney

    ReplyDelete