The Storer Family Bell

The Storer Family Bell
Our bell

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Back Row:  Don, Helen, Donnie, Estella, George, Eloise and Dean Shaffner
Front Row:  Sydney, Gail, Bob, John F., Della, John, Geoffrey Shaffner

This picture was taken in 1958 on 45th wedding anniversary of my grandparents, John and Della Kurtz Shaffner. The picture was taken in the dining room of their home in Dillon, Montana. 

My interest in family history and genealogy began with stories from my Mother about her Lloyd family who came west on the Oregon Trail.  Grandpa (John F.) Shaffner worked for years on his family history and wrote numerous biographies and life stories. He lived to be 103, and during those years he amassed a collection of pictures and memorabilia.  His granddaughter, Donnie Shaffner Stibal, worked with him to organize his work and collection.  Discovering my passion was also family history and genealogy, I began to work with her. 

Since I  inherited these collections, I began the task of learning genealogy and how to research.  I am very lucky!  Now it is time to share the stories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment