The Storer Family Bell

The Storer Family Bell
Our bell

Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31st, 1913--Sunday

Broke camp rather late.  Ethel, Sandy, Lulu and George rode horseback.  Jim and Mabel drove chuck wagon.  Very cold and windy.  Bertha had very bad sick head ache.  Stopped for lunch.  Wind blew so hard we couldn't get a table.  Made tea in a cabin.  Bertha went to bed for a while.  We ate our dinner standing around the chuck wagon.  Roads very rough and uneven.  Traveled about 15 miles further.  Reached P & O cow camp about 5 PM.  Just as soon as the tents were up Bertha went to bed.  Very good supper.  Made fudge after supper.  (I wonder who has the recipe for the fudge?)
The boys stole one pan of it and hid in chuck wagon.




Somehow I missed this picture on the way to Yellowstone!
Ollie is the child.
Then George, name I can't read, Mabel, Sandy, Della, (Arnold?)
2 other P & O riders
I don't think Grandpa remembered the dogs name!
Notice the ax in the log!
And the pistols!

2 comments:

  1. It has been reliving this trip with them. I am glad I live now!!!! Poor Grandma Kurtz. What a life she led but I know she was proud of her boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The women of that era were tough! I am with Linda, I am glad I live today and not during the turn of the 19th century.

    ReplyDelete