The Storer Family Bell

The Storer Family Bell
Our bell

Saturday, February 12, 2022

2022 Maps 52 Ancestors in a Year

 Maps!  Who doesn’t love maps, trying to figure out the route you will take to your vacation.  Or how about trying to figure out a route west via the Oregon Trail that your ancestors took?  Or where the land was that your grandfather homesteaded?  Or the cemetery where ancestors are buried?  


One of map tools I use is Google Earth Pro.  Using Google Earth Pro I was able to plot the lands the Lloyd family settled on when arriving in Oregon in 1845 and filed on the Oregon Donation Land Claims.


If my memory is correct, Mom found the cemetery on a trip we took to the Oregon coast.  I wasn’t very old, but I remember a hill with trees and somehow Mom found the cemetery.  Now I wish I could remember more as well as taken an interest in it when we were there.  I bet the headstones might have been more legible!






No comments:

Post a Comment