The Storer Family Bell

The Storer Family Bell
Our bell

Sunday, September 6, 2015

This year it is Dillon's 100th Year of Rodeo and Fair.  So in honor of the celebration, I looked for pictures! It was common for the Shaffner's to always enter the parade.  On horseback, walking for some other mode of transportation.  I do remember riding my trike in the Parade--what a long way to peddle!


I go fast!


My first parade on a horse was in 1956, aboard, Major, a Morgan stallion of my uncle's.  I don't remember much of the parade, but I do remember my mother being nervous.  I do remember riding him numerous times at my uncle's ranch on Rattlesnake, in order to be "ready".  Perhaps there are pictures, I just could find them!  Many of the pictures came from Grandpa Shaffner's photo album, with no names.  So, enjoy my collection!

Don Shaffner & Helen Lloyd were married on July 14, 1946.  So the 1946 rodeo, was the first for Helen Shaffner.


Helen & Don Shaffner, Rodeo 1946


Don Shaffner & Donnee Rea Shaffner 


Jim Kurtz


Don Shaffner


Estella Melton Shaffner on Pal


George Shaffner on Pal


Estella Shaffner



A clown act.  Look at the crowd.  I wonder if it is the same grandstand?


Not sure, but looks like a Forest Service logo on the pickup truck



No comments:

Post a Comment